In this issue of GI News
- GI and the fertility diet
- Which diet for diabetes? ADA or low GI?
- Stubbing out a smoking myth
- Give your kids a leg-up in life with breakfast
- Why detox diets make you fat
- New GI value for fresh apricots
As you loosen your belt and renew your vows to cut back on second helpings and sign up at the gym, pause. Step one of any weight loss program is setting an attainable goal. Read all about why it matters in Food for Thought. And if your diet doesn’t seem to be delivering the weight loss you planned, check out Prof Trim’s piece on why those careful energy in /energy out calculations don’t always add up. Also this month, our chef Kate Hemphill has more fabulous fare and fennel is our food of the month pick of the crop.
Good eating, good health and good reading.
GI News Editor: Philippa Sandall
Web Design and Management: Scott Dickinson, PhD