GI News—July 2011
- Being healthy on the inside no matter what number you see on the scales
- ‘New cure for diabetes’ shout the headlines … Dr Alan Barclay investigates
- The scoop on loving low GI lentils
- Prof Jennie Brand-Miller on insulin sensitivity
- Reduced fat intake may reduce diabetes risk without weight loss
‘It’s what’s inside that counts’ applies to the food we eat as well as having a kind heart suggests Nicole Senior busting the myth that ‘all fat people are unhealthy’. ‘We need to put nutrition and health as a priority over the obsessive quest for ‘the body beautiful,’ she writes. We gave her space in Food for Thought to expand on this with tips on staying healthy on the inside no matter what number you see on the scales. Plus there are all our usual features in this issue including three delicious recipes from the GI News Kitchen to try.
Good eating, good health and good reading.
Editor: Philippa Sandall
Web management and design: Alan Barclay, PhD