- GI and reducing your risk of breast cancer
- Low blood glucose and food cravings
- Keep an eye on your eyesight if you have diabetes
- Nicole Senior debunks the myth that canola oil and margarine cause macular degeneration
- Catherine Saxelby delivers the scoop on lutein-rich spinach
- Miracle foods, myths and the media – download this NHS Choices report
- Free eye examination for people at risk of AMD, diabetic retinopathy and glaucoma
We all take our eyesight for granted. Protecting it is one of the most important things we can do to help maintain quality and enjoyment of life. And for anyone with diabetes, it’s absolutely vital to be vigilant because there’s a higher risk for glaucoma, cataracts (‘clouding’ of the eye’s lens) and diabetic retinopathy. This issue we focus on vision, what we can do to look after it and where a healthy low GI diet comes into the picture. Of course there are all our usual features including three low GI recipes to try – Marinated eggplant slices, Zingy Italian White Bean Soup and Anneka Manning’s Tacos. Enjoy.
Good eating, good health and good reading.
Editor: Philippa Sandall
Web management and design: Alan Barclay, PhD