In This Issue:
- Food for Thought
—Something to chew on
- GI News Briefs
—What women athletes need
—More low fat dairy food, less type 2 diabetes
—High blood glucose increases coronary artery disease risk
—Giving children a healthy life
—Why a low GI diet can help women with PCOS
- Low GI Food of the Month
- Low GI Recipe of the Month
—Gluten-free Apricot Nut Slice
- Success Stories
—‘It is nothing short of a miracle’ – Rose
- What’s New?
—Healthy Parent, Healthy Child
- Feedback—Your FAQs Answered
- I have gestational diabetes. What should I choose from the menu at my local Asian restaurant to stick to my daily food guide for carb serves?
- I love to bake, but want to reduce the GI of the products? Can you answer some questions about this?
- I have recently been diagnosed with irritable bowel disease and am interested to know if following a low GI diet would be recommended to help control my symptoms.
- Look it up in our A–Z: The GI Glossary completed
The publishers of the New Glucose Revolution series, Hachette Livre Australia, Hodder Mobius UK and Marlowe & Company New York, have agreed to give away a copy of The Low GI Diet Cookbook to every 1000th subscriber from now on. To subscribe, just click on ‘SUBSCRIBE’ at the top of the right-hand column.
GI News Editor: Philippa Sandall
Web Design and Management: Scott Dickinson