GI News—February 2009
- Senior moments? It may be your blood glucose
- Fruit, vegetables and strong bones
- Healthier foods no more expensive
- Are pomegranates a super food?
- Fat body, fat tongue? Prof Trim investigates
- Should you eat breakfast before exercising?
Child obesity is a regular headline hitter from scary new statistics, blame gaming and finger pointing (and wagging) to banning junk food ads, school fat report cards and Jamie’s school dinners. From the comfort of home those hardy perennials, the armchair experts, trumpet that the answer is obvious: just get kids to eat healthy food and run around more. Oh, and shouldn’t they walk to school, mow lawns and shovel snow? GI News talked to Prof Louise Baur from The Children’s Hospital, Westmead and reports on promising results from three Australian programs for overweight children. There are all our usual features too, plus three new recipes for you to try.
Good eating, good health and good reading.
GI News Editor: Philippa Sandall
Web Design and Management: Scott Dickinson, PhD